Worksite Services provides assistive technology-based assessments and training to individuals who are in need of technological assistance to help them perform the essential functions of a job as a result of disability-related limitations. Services are performed by Rehabilitation Technologists and Occupational Therapists who possess specific knowledge and experience in working with individuals with disabilities in various employment settings. Staff work very closely with the individuals and their employers to determine technology-based solutions to meet the needs of all parties.
Examples of Worksite Accommodations:
- Magnification/screen reading software and devices
- Communication and assistive listening devices
- Physical access equipment and software
- Sit-stand workstations, adaptive keyboards, mice, and other ergonomic workstation equipment
- Note taking and organizational strategies, tools, and equipment
Individuals experiencing difficulties in the performance of their jobs due to a disability-related limitations may be referred for Worksite Services by their DORS Counselor. A detailed description of the difficulties experienced, as well as the position description is required