DORS is partnering with
CVS Health®, the
Community College of Baltimore County (CCBC), and
Prince George’s Community College (PGCC) to offer retail training with hands-on experience to job seekers with disabilities who are interested in working in the retail industry.
The CVS retail training is made up of three components:
- Classroom study
- Practice in a mock CVS store
- Paid externship in CVS stores throughout Maryland
This program is offered at DORS WTC location, as well as select locations throughout Maryland.
- 10-week program
- Classroom instruction, in a mock CVS store
- Learning activities at CVS stores
- Customer Service training
- Be at least 16 and on track for high school diploma/GED®.
- Have a desire to work in retail.
- Have a 6th-grade reading level.
- Have basic math skills and ability to use a calculator.
- Ability to follow simple written/oral instructions.
- Ability to lift 25 to 50 pounds and bend, stoop, stand for long periods of time.
- COVID-19 vaccination is required.
In this program participants will learn and sharpen many skills such as:
- Inventory tracking and stock rotation
- Phone and intercom etiquette
- Customer service
- Cash register skills
- Non-verbal communication
- And much, much more.
CVS Retail Training Handout