The Food Service Program is a 14-week program, with six weeks of training at the DORS WTC location, followed by an eight-week internship at a local business in the community.
- Customer service skills
- Food handling and food preparation skills
- Kitchen safety
- Equipment safety and operation
- Food safety and ServSafe principles
- Cleaning and sanitation
- Weights and measurements
- Food portions and nutrition
- Cash register skills and order taking
- Have good communication skills.
- Be tactful and work well with others.
- Follow verbal instructions.
- Stand for long periods of time.
- Lift and carry heavy trays and food containers.
- Stoop, bend and stretch.
- Be self-directed.
Food Service Program Handout