Automotive Detailing is offered at the WTC location, in partnership with the
Community College of Baltimore County (CCBC).
Detailing is more than washing cars. Detailers restore headlights, wash, wax and polish car exteriors, and clean and maintain car interiors. The program includes classroom and hands-on training and is taught by a CCBC instructor.
Auto Detailing 1
This 16-week course prepares individuals with disabilities to work in entry-level detailing jobs. The course includes videos, lectures, product demonstrations and extensive hands-on experience.
- Customer service
- Shop safety
- Interior & exterior cleaning techniques
- Proper use of equipment, including mixing of solutions and orbital polisher
- Valid driver’s license with no more than two points
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to squat, stoop and kneel
- Certain criminal backgrounds may disqualify an individual from program
Auto Detailing 2
Auto Detailing 2 is an eight-week advanced training for students who successfully complete the Auto Detailing 1 program and who demonstrate the following:
- Quality hands-on work required by high-end detail shops or dealerships
- Ability to learn advanced techniques and equipment use
- 3rd grade or higher reading comprehension level
Additional Training Includes:
- Use of clay bar and wet sanding
- Removing minor defects and scratches
- Compounding and use of multispeed buffer