This partnership with
CVS Health® and the
Community College of Baltimore County prepares job seekers with disabilities to take the national
Pharmacy Technician Certifying Board (PTCB) test and become Certified Pharmacy Technicians.
The CVS Pharmacy Technician training is made up of three components:
- Classroom study
- Practice in a mock CVS pharmacy
- Externship in CVS pharmacies throughout Maryland
The classroom portion of this program is offered at DORS WTC location and the externship occurs in a CVS pharmacy located in the job seeker's local community.
- 14 weeks of classroom instruction.
- 6 weeks of clinical on-the-job training.
- Training in CVS programs and procedures, inventory management, prescription medication measurements.
- Be 18 years of age and possess a HS Diploma or GED.
- Have the desire to work in a retail environment and the ability to provide excellent customer service to the public.
- Have a 9th-grade reading comprehension level and 9th-grade math skills.
- Be detail oriented, be able to change from one task to another, and work accurately and quickly.
- Have efficient computer, telephone and study skills.
- Pass a drug screen and background check prior to the start of the program.
- Be able to lift up to 30 pounds and bend, stoop, stand for long periods of time.
- Have close visual acuity.
- COVID-19 vaccination required.
Pharmacy Tech Handout