The Work Readiness program is for individuals who have little or no work experience, or who have been out of the workforce for an extended period of time. This two-part program focuses on developing skills needed to be successful in the workplace. Consumers may participate in Work Readiness 1 and 2 together or as stand-alone programs.
Work Readiness 1
This six-week course helps individuals with disabilities get ready for competitive employment through videos, lectures, guest speakers, worksite tours and job shadowing experiences.
- Career exploration
- Soft skills development
- Financial management
- Organizational skills
- Self determination & self awareness
- Interpersonal skills & teamwork
- Workplace preparation & communication
- Job retention
Must be able to function in a classroom setting and fully participate in all individual and group activities.
Work Readiness 2
This six-week course helps individuals with disabilities get ready for competitive employment by focusing on soft skills and gaining real world work experience at community worksites.
- Customer service
- Workplace ethics
- Conflict management
- Resumes and job descriptions
- Mock interviews
- Managing your online footprint
- Must demonstrate the ability to work in a real work environment.
- Must be able to spend half of each day at a community worksite with only drop-in support.