Employment Services works with DORS consumers, throughout Maryland, who are ready to seek employment. Employment Services also works for Maryland businesses by assisting with recruitment, onboarding, and job retention, in addition to providing disability resources.
Employment Services are offered in the community, at the WTC, and virtually. Employment Specialists strive to match the skills and abilities of each DORS Consumer to perspective employment opportunities.
Consumer Services Include:
- Job Seeking Skills Training
- Job search assistance
- Resume and cover letter development
- Interview practice and preparation
- Education and assistance with disability disclosure and reasonable accommodations
- Development of professional communication and behavior strategies
- Maintaining communication with the employer once hired
- Recommendations of job coaching when needed
Business Services Include:
- Creating customized trainings
- Working with employers to schedule recruitment
- Providing information on financial incentives to MD businesses
- Supporting and educating MD businesses on disability awareness and reasonable accommodations
- Coordinating internship opportunities
DORS consumers who are ready to work.
Contact your DORS Counselor or local DORS office for more information.