Employment Services provides support to graduates from WTC Training programs, and to other individuals referred by a DORS counselor, who are engaging in the job search. Employment Specialists carefully evaluate both the prospective employee and the job at-hand to ensure that each person’s skills and abilities are matched to the specific employer’s needs.
- Job search assistance
- Cover letter and resume development
- Interviewing skills preparation
- Career search skills
- Business etiquette training
- Networking and job development
- Education on how to disclose disabilities and request accommodations
WTC Recruiting & Interviewing
- Arrange internship opportunities across the state to provide career exploration and on-the-job experiences.
- Create customized trainings to explore/develop personal training interests and address an individual’s unique skills.
- Work with employers to schedule recruitment events and interviewing opportunities with students and field referrals.
- Provide information on financial incentives to MD businesses, including on-the-job training (OJTs), wage reimbursements, and city, state and federal tax credit assistance.
Job Supports & Consulting Services
Success at work may be supported by on-the-job skills training, educating employers on accommodations and disabilities, on-going communication with the supervisor, and developing effective communication strategies. We work closely with the consumers’ field counselors to discuss if Job Coaching supports are needed.
Individuals must be DORS consumers who are ready to look for work.